St. Philip Neri Italian FestivalMay 16 – 18, 2019
Italian Idol Talent Contest
Now in its 12th straight year!
The St. Philip Neri Italian Festival Italian Idol Talent Contest is a talent competition open to singers, instrumentalists, bands, and dancers from the local area in any genre of any age. The competition will start at 11:00 am on Saturday, May 18th during the 24th Annual Italian Festival. The performances will take place on the outdoor stage. Get seated early to cheer for your favorite contestants – it is always a suspenseful, thrilling competition. Good luck to all of our talented competitors! Click on the link below for 2019 Italian Idol Contest Flyer.
2019 Divisions and Prizes
There are two divisions in the competition. The competition is judged by local professionals from the entertainment industry.
Senior Division (Ages 13 and Older)
Winner: $200 l Runner Up: $150
Junior Division (Ages 7 to 12)
Winner: $100 l Runner Up: $75
And Special Judges’ Choice Award: $150
Registration is required for auditions. For your audition, you must perform the selection that you will perform at the actual competition in its entirety. There are two ways to audition: In-person or clip. Contestants chosen to perform will be notified by May 4th.
In Person Audition Registration & Submission Deadline
You may audition in person on either Saturday, April 6th at 10:00 am to 12:00 pm or Monday, April 8th at 6:30 pm. Both audition dates will be located on the main floor of the church building (first room on the right of the main entrance) on the St. Philip Neri Church campus.
How to Register
- Complete and Sign the Italian Idol Registration Form Online. Sign the Competition Rules Form and Adult Hold Harmless/Indemnity Form, or Parent/Guardian Liability Waiver Form and bring to the audition.
- Or Download, Complete and Sign a Paper Copy of the Registration Form along with the Competition Rules Form and Adult Hold Harmless/Indemnity Form or Parent/Guardian Liability Waiver Form. Please mail to Italian Idol Contest Registration, 292 Munn Road East, Fort Mill, SC 29715. Click on the links below to access and download Forms.
All contestants auditioning in person must register by April 4th, 2019
Audition Clip Registration & Submission Deadline
You may submit an Audition Clip, the Registration Form, the Competition Rules and Release Form, Adult Hold Harmless/Indemnity Form or Parent/Guardian Liability Waiver Form by Friday, April 12th, 2019 at 5:00 pm in either of the ways listed below:
- By Email via a link of the Audition Clip (You Tube, Vimeo, etc.), along with scanned copies of your completed and signed Registration Form, Competition Rules Form and Adult Hold Harmless/Indemity Form or Parent/Guardian Liability Waiver Form. Click on the links below to access and download Forms. Please email to SPNItalianIdol@gmail.com.
- Or By Mail via a DVD of the Audition Clip, along with copies of your completed and signed Registration Form, Competition Rules Form, and Adult Hold Harmless/Indemity Form or Parent/Guardian Liability Waiver Form. Please mail to Italian Idol Talent Contest Registration, 292 Munn Road East, Fort Mill, SC 29715. Click on the links below to access and download Forms.
Your clip will not be evaluated without all required forms completed and signed. You will receive a confirmation email once your audition clip and forms have been received.
- 2019 Italian Idol Application
- 2019 Italian Idol Competition Rules
- 2019 Parent Permission and Liability Waiver
- 2019 Adult Hold Harmless Agreement
2019 Contest Judges
As always, the contest will be judged by seasoned professionals that come from the world of entertainment. Each individual is eminently qualified for the job of choosing the acts with the best potential. It’s an intense task, given the level of competition. The judges for the 2019 contest include:
- Roger Cullis of Cullis Entertainment – Founder/President of Cullis Entertainment, Music and Video Producer, creator of TV shows, Grammy-voting member of NARAS, three-time winner of Charlotte Music Award, co-Founder of Carolina Entertainment Network, former guitarist with Stryder, Yellow Nelson & Redemption Theory. For additional information, please visit: www.cullisentertainment.com
- Anita Sayamgo – Co-Founder of EDANA Entertainment, Publicist, Promoter, Marketer, Expertise in all facets of entertainment industry, significant relationships with agents, managers, producers and record companies, helps musicians and artists in all stages of development to reach immediate and long term goals. For additional information, please visit: www.edanaentertainment.com
- Jay Taylor – Disc Jockey for 91.7 WSGE Radio, afternoon host & production manager, 27 years experience in broadcasting (On-Air Radio, Sales & Management), advocate for homeless.
- Lucas McFadden – Co-host of “Palmetto Mornings on WRHI FM 100.1/AM 1340. He is a 16-year television veteran and the full-time co-anchor and producer for CN2 News.
The Italian Idol Contest is made possible by many volunteers, for which we are extremely grateful. Special thanks are extended to the following individuals:
- Chairperson: Mary Doyle
- Auditions: Jennifer Miranda and Denise Bard
- Director: Jennifer Miranda
- Producer: Melissa Inzerillo
- Program: Mary Doyle
- Sound Volunteers: Special thanks to Tom Donnelly, John Patyk and all of our outside volunteers.
Contact: Jennifer Miranda | SPNItalianIdol@gmail.com