St. Philip Neri Italian FestivalMay 17 – 19, 2018
Italian Idol Talent Contest
Now in its 11th straight year!
The St. Philip Neri Italian Festival Italian Idol Talent Contest is a talent competition open to singers, instrumentalists, bands, and dancers from the local area in any genre of any age. The competition will start at 11:30 am on Saturday, May 19th during the 23rd Annual Italian Festival. The performances will take place on the outdoor stage. Get seated early to cheer for your favorite contestants – it is always a suspenseful, thrilling competition. Good luck to all of our talented competitors!
Divisions and Prizes
There are two divisions in the competition. The competition is judged by local professionals from the entertainment industry.
Adult Division (Ages 13 and Older)
1st Prize: $200 l 2nd Prize: $150 l 3rd Prize: $100
Junior Division (Ages 7 to 12)
1st Prize: $100 l 2nd Prize: $75 l 3rd Prize: $50
(registration & auditions for the 2018 contest have closed. Thank you! )
Registration is required for auditions. For your audition, you must perform the selection that you will perform at the actual competition in its entirety. There are two ways to audition: In-person or clip. Contestants chosen to perform will be notified by May 4th.
In Person Audition Registration & Submission Deadline
You may audition in person on either Thursday, April 19th at 6 pm in the Parish Center building, or Saturday, April 21st from 9 am to 11 am in the Choir Room in the Church building. Both audition locations are at the St. Philip Neri Catholic Church Campus.
How to Register
- Complete and Sign the Italian Idol Registration Form Online. Sign the Competition Rules Form and Adult Hold Harmless/Indemnity Form, or Parent/Guardian Liability Waiver Form and bring to the audition.
- Or Download, Complete and Sign a Paper Copy of the Registration Form along with the Competition Rules Form and Adult Hold Harmless/Indemnity Form or Parent/Guardian Liability Waiver Form. Please mail to Italian Idol Contest Registration, 292 Munn Road East, Fort Mill, SC 29715. Click on the links below to access and download Forms.
All contestants auditioning in person must register by April 17, 2018
Audition Clip Registration & Submission Deadline
You may submit an Audition Clip, the Registration Form, the Competition Rules and Release Form, Adult Hold Harmless/Indemnity Form or Parent/Guardian Liability Waiver Form by Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 10 am in either of the ways listed below:
- By Email via a link of the Audition Clip (You Tube, Vimeo, etc.), along with scanned copies of your completed and signed Registration Form, Competition Rules Form and Adult Hold Harmless/Indemity Form or Parent/Guardian Liability Waiver Form. Click on the links below to access and download Forms. Please email to SPNItalianIdol@gmail.com.
- Or By Mail via a DVD of the Audition Clip, along with copies of your completed and signed Registration Form, Competition Rules Form, and Adult Hold Harmless/Indemity Form or Parent/Guardian Liability Waiver Form. Please mail to Italian Idol Talent Contest Registration, 292 Munn Road East, Fort Mill, SC 29715. Click on the links below to access and download Forms.
Your clip will not be evaluated without all required forms completed and signed. You will receive a confirmation email once your audition clip and forms have been received.
- Italian Idol Competition Rules
- Parent Consent and Liability Waiver
- Adult Hold Harmless Agreement
As always, the contest will be judged by seasoned professionals that come from the world of entertainment. Each individual is eminently qualified for the job of choosing the acts with the best potential. It’s an intense task, given the level of competition. The judges for the 2018 contest include:
- Roger Cullis of Cullis Entertainment – Founder/President of Cullis Entertainment, Music and Video Producer, creator of TV shows, Grammy-voting member of NARAS, three-time winner of Charlotte Music Award, co-Founder of Carolina Entertainment Network, former guitarist with Stryder, Yellow Nelson & Redemption Theory. For additional information, please visit: www.cullisentertainment.com
- Anita Sayamgo – Co-Founder of EDANA Entertainment, Publicist, Promoter, Marketer, Expertise in all facets of entertainment industry, significant relationships with agents, managers, producers and record companies, helps musicians and artists in all stages of development to reach immediate and long term goals. For additional information, please visit: www.edanaentertainment.com
- Jay Taylor – Disc Jockey for 91.7 WSGE Radio, afternoon host & production manager, 27 years experience in broadcasting (On-Air Radio, Sales & Management), advocate for homeless.
The Italian Idol Contest is made possible by many volunteers, for which we are extremely grateful. Special thanks are extended to the following individuals:
- Chairperson: Roberta Whitaker
- Assistant Co Chair: Mary Doyle
- Auditions: Jennifer Miranda, Denise Baird and Linda Liberty
- Director: Jennifer Miranda
- Producer: Melissa Inzerillo
- Program: Stephanie Walters and Mary Doyle
- Sound Volunteers: Special thanks to Tom Donnelly, John Patyk and all of our outside volunteers.
Contact: Roberta Whitaker | 803.370.0600 | SPNItalianIdol@gmail.com